In 2012, a committee of Thamesford residents approached the Township about establishing an off-leash dog park. A variety of locations were considered before selecting the location in Grace Patterson Park on Allen Street. This location proved to be ideal due to lots of green space and ample parking. The Committee raised enough money to build the park and volunteers worked with the Recreation Department to see the park completed in the fall of 2013. A grand opening celebration was held on November 2, 2013.
Rules for Use of the Off-Leash Park/
- Open from dawn to dusk, 7 days a week.
- PICK UP YOUR DOGS POOP - don't make others do it.
- Dog must have all vaccinations up to date and dog licenses.
- Use the off leash dog park at your own risk.
- Leash your dog while entering and exiting the park.
- Keep your dog in sight and verbal control at all times.
- No puppies under 6 months of age, female dogs in heat, sick dogs or aggressive/out of control dogs.
- No play toys, balls or food of any kind allowed in the park.
- Unsupervised children under 14 years are not permitted.
- If your dog digs holes in dirt, please repair holes.
- Pitbulls as defined under the Ontario law must be muzzled and leashed at all times whether they are in and off leash park or not.
- No glass containers allowed at park.
140 Allen Street, Thamesford, Ontario
Township office 519-485-2490
NO SMOKING, BY-LAW NO. 23-11